Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Favorite Character
My favorite character in literature is Tris from the book Divergent and Insurgent. Tris changed by first being this fragile and scared person to a strong and fearless one. In the beginning she was part of a faction called the Abnegation which was filled with kind and non-violent people. Tris was like that most of her life. When she moved to the Dauntless faction she was trained to be this strong person that should not be sacred to fight or shoot a gun. At the end of her initiation she became a fearless girl who had combat skills. Tris went from a girl that always followed the rules and stayed safe to a girl that rebelled and played it dangerous. Tris was influenced by all the actions around her that really changed her from this person to this person. Tris wanted to actually change because in the Abnegation she felt that this is not her true self and needs to move to another faction. Tris did not want to be this fragile girl that were always scared of things around her. For example, when Tris had to jump off the building to start her initiation at the Dauntless compound she took the challenge and became fearless. Tris jumped off a high building and did not get hurt. I believe that was the action that took her from being fearful to fearless. I think I can relate to Tris in a strong way by I was a shy kid when I was really young and I just was scared of everyone because I moved to Ellington from another town. I was shy and I only talked to answer the questions that the teacher asked. When I started to make friends by talking a little bit, I believed that my actions by talking to some other person lead me into from being a shy kid to an outgoing person that wants to hang out with a lot of people. Tris went from being fearful to fearless and that is how I can relate to her because there were actions that we took to become the person that we are now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice job Randy! Don't be afraid to use quotes to support your claims!
ReplyDelete